You know how there’s always that one irritating friend who’s not into dance music because “it all sounds the same”. There has been much debate in the blogosphere recently that the mainstage sets at the big festivals are beginning to lack originality. And just a few days ago deadmau5 started a Twitter spat with Afrojack on the same topic. Well right now maybe they all have a point.
Swedish duo Daleri felt the same way and to prove it they cut and pasted the “hard hitting” drops from sixteen tracks currently in Beatport’s Top 100 together. Track’s include Dimitri Vegas’ “Wakanda” and Hardwell’s remix of Krewella’s “Alive”. The 58 second mix sure goes a long way to proving that something is rotten with the current state of EDM production.
Hopefully this mix sparks some debate and provokes some originality moving forward. Let us know what you think.
1. Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike – Wakanda (Original Mix) [Intro]
2. Alvaro & Moti – NaNaNa (Original Mix)
3. Pyero – Genesis (Original Mix)
4. Chuckie, Dzeko & Torres – Down To This (Original Mix)
5. Makj – Springen (Original Mix)
6. Sini – Razz (Original Mix)
7. Pelari – Cango (Original Mix)
8. Krewella – Alive (Hardwell Remix)
9. Shermanology – The Only Way (Original Mix)
10. W&W – Thunder (Original Mix)
11. Gta, Henrix & Digital Lab – Hit It! (Original Mix)
12. Sultan, Ned Shepard, Fedde Le Grand – No Good (Extended Mix)
13. Henrix, Wayne & Woods – Jumangee (Original Mix) [Tiesto Club Life Rip]
14. Alvaro & Mercer feat. Lil Jon – Welcome To The Jungle (Original Mix)
15. Klauss Goulart & Mark Sixma – Rio (Original Mix)
16. Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike – Wakanda (Original Mix) [Outro]
Hat tip to Stoney Roads for bringing this to light.